Sunday 27 December 2009

I'm still a bit in shock today. I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive! I am really surprised and feel weirdly unprepared. I definitely want more lovely children, but am worried that I won't be well enough to mind Roo and Poonch. I'm also worried that I'll be slammed into hospital because of the phoney 'obstetric cholestasis' that I was supposed to have last year. It had a terrible effect on Roo and I don't want him and Poonch to go through that again. And I'm still breastfeeding Poonch and had hoped to continue for a while longer. I feel he's still only a baby himself. I asked Roo if he'd like another baby and he said, 'we already have a baby', and that pretty much summed up how I felt.
We are happy really, but just weren't expecting to be expecting again so soon... although I'm not sure yet when 'soon' is. I'll have to wait for a scan to find that out. Which is also worrying me, because these hospital people always underestimate when your due date will be, meaning many women go 'overdue' when they actually aren't and babies get induced out of their cosy dens before they're ready. Ooopsie... don't get me started on my pregnant-women-and-hospitals rant.
Welcome little baby. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Today is the feast of the Holy Family. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, watch over us and protect us and help us to be more like you!

No comments: