Sunday 11 July 2010

a sigh of relief and now I'm holding my breath

Well, at long last, we did it. Poonch is out of our room. He is spending his first night in the neighbouring room, formerly known as Roo's bedroom. The two of them seemed fairly happy about it in the end, but of course the real test is to see what happens if Poonch wakes during the night. It was so easy and comforting just to reach out my hand to him when he was in the cot next to our bed, which is why it's taken so long for me to bite the bullet and evict him!
I will miss seeing his happy little face first thing in the morning, as he wakes me with his little call, 'Maaaamaaaaa' and of course it will be interesting to see what time the two of them wake in the morning! But it had to be done, as Baby uimhir a trí will be here soon, please God. Maybe even sooner than we had hoped, as the old problem from the last pregnancy seems to be appearing again.
Please say a prayer it won't mean I have to go into hospital again. I think it would destroy Poonch as he is way more attached to me than Roo was as the time, and it had a terrible effect on him.

1 comment:

Idle Rambler said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm sorry to hear about your problems in the latter stages of your last pregnancy. Praying all will be well this time around.

Yes, it's a big thing for your baby to move out of your bedroom, isn't it? Best to make the move well before the new arrival though, I would think. Keep smiling! :-)

Without wishing to give the game away too much, I was interested to see you mention Purley. We are just a few miles away here in sunny Surrey